- Utilize after season sales to buy for the next yr.
- Take advantage from Loss Leader specials. Many stores have .05 deals!
- If your state offers a tax free holiday consider making purchases then.
- Make clothing purchases in moderation. Children grow quickly so don't blow the budget for a new back to school wardrobe all at once.
- Use what you have. Many of us buy in bulk. If your school asks for paper products etc. Share your stock.
- Take advantage of your fellow bloggers to make sure you are in the know about sales. Same goes for yourself. Post those deals!
- Re-use. Invest in a good quality backpack and reuseable lunch system that will travel with your child through the grades.
- Plan to pack your child's lunch.
- Consider hosting clothing swaps, garage sales, craig's list etc for savings on clothing.
- Don't overbuy. This may sound silly but sometimes we can get excited and try to buy everything. Stick to your child's school classroom list.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
10 tips for saving money during the back-to-school season
Staples and TwitterMoms have challenged me to list 10 tips for saving money during the back-to-school season.