Dr. Harvey Karp is tackling the #1 problem plaguing new parents, exhaustion. The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep by Harvey Karp, M.D. is a great resource for parents. I know what your thinking, if exhaustion is the #1 problem plaguing new parents when are they going to have the time to read a book. Dr. Harvey Karp, M.D. makes reading up on sleeping tips a breeze. The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep is a quick read and is organized so that you can read the chapters for your child's age or sleeping problem. I think that this book would make an excellent gift for expectant parents as it is well written and helps address concerns/myths etc to help put new parents at ease. I also think that this book would make and excellent resource for veteran parents. Sometimes we can get so exhausted or busy that we spin our wheels. Dr. Harvey Karp gives practical sensible advice that even the most sleep deprived parents can use to quickly get their baby's sleep on track. This book also contains sleep advice for toddlers up to age 5. Check out The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep site to read more about the author and the book.
From the publisher and One2One Network, Dr. Karp's surprising insights include:
- How to train brand new babies to sleep better: Infants can be taught to sleep at least one extra hour from the first weeks of life! Dr. Karp shows how to safely boost baby sleep in just days.
- What’s the best white noise (and which ones worsen sleep): The right white noise (low pitched and rumbling) is the key to good sleep—even through teething—for all babies. Plus, it even gives parents a more restful sleep
- Why parents should always wake a sleeping baby: For good sleep, babies must learn how to self-soothe. The best way to teach babies how to fall back to sleep—when they rouse in the middle of the night—is to wake them just as they’re being put into bed.
- How to enjoy the benefits - and avoid the risks - of swaddling: Swaddling dramatically improves a new baby’s sleep. Yet, many states are shockingly banning this ancient parenting tool. Smart moms should do it and Dr. Karp will teach them how to do it properly and safely.
- The importance of powering down: Staring at bright screens at night (TVs, computers, phones) can wreak a toddler and a parent’s sleep.
- Easy "no-cry" tips that end infant and toddler bedtime struggles in just days!
THE HAPPIEST BABY GUIDE TO GREAT SLEEP: Simple Solutions for Kids from Birth to 5 Years (William Morrow Paperback; On-Sale: March 19, 2013; $15.99; ISBN: 9780062113320)
Disclosure: “I am participating in a book review campaign with One2One Network. I received this book from Harper Collins for the purposes of reviewing it. I have not received compensation. My participation in the campaign enters me into a drawing for a gift card. All opinions stated are my own.”