- Start dental care early. It is best to start when your child first gets their teeth. Since this happens early you will have to take responsibility for brushing and assist then through the toddler years to insure proper brushing.
- Encourage brushing. We have our daughter brush after every meal.
- Make brushing fun. We have used minute times, music etc to keep brushing fun as well as to encourage brushing correctly.
- Offer healthy eating habits. Snacking on veggies and fruits are best for teeth. Don't forget to brush after those blueberries and staining fruits!
- Floss: Make sure your child flosses daily. Parents who practice good oral hygiene habits help their children pick up these good habits. There are plenty of flosser gadgets and flavors of flosses to help keep your child motivated to floss.
"Chewing Trident sugar free gum for 20 minutes after a meal can help fight cavities.
Xylitol, a sugar free sweetener in Trident, has been shown to loosen plaque."
For more information:
Visit Trident on Facebook and click our ‘Chew 4 Smiles’ tab
Visit the website
Check out the latest Trident commercials on YouTube
Get some Trident Gum Coupons
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”