Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tips and Recipes for Flavorful Low-sodium Family Meals

I know I've said this before but I love Twittermoms.  They are teaming up this time with Mrs. Dash and asking that we tweet about flavorful low-sodium meals.  Low sodium meals are very important to me since there is a family history of high blood pressure in my family.  I want to lower the sodium in our meals without sacrificing taste and Mrs Dash helps to do that.

I have a pretty generic quiche recipe and it is a perfect example of something I can use Mrs. Dash in depending on the other ingredients that I am using.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 1- Deep dish frozen pie crust
  • 1-12oz can Evaporated Milk
  • 8oz Shredded Cheese of your choice ( I prefer the mixed blends)
  • 2tbs All purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite vegetable
  • 1/2 cup of another vegetable or meat
  • Season to taste with your favorite Mrs. Dash Blend
1Can 12 oz Evaporated milk
3egs
2tbs all purpose flour
Seasoning of choice-Mrs Dash Original is perfect for this one.
Wisk in bowl together
You will need to line a deep dish pie crust with 4cups cheese.  Then start layering your ingredients.  Tonight we chose turkey, broccoli and onions.  Cover with 4 cups of cheese then pour egg mixture over it and bake 45min at 350 until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

With Summer in full swing and all the fresh vegetables coming in now consider trying Mrs. Dash on them instead of salt.  One of my mother's favorites is home grown green beans seasoned with the original Mrs. Dash.

Are you using those fresh vegetables in a Salad?  Forget the salt, spice things up with Mrs. Dash.  Making Pasta Salad?  Why not use Mrs. Dash Italian Medley?
I love this recipe b/c the options are endless.  Imagine a bacon tomatoe quicke with Mrs. Dash Tomatoe Basil Garlic blend.  Better yet a ham and cheese with Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb.  The possibilities are endless.

Mrs Dash also has an Extra Spicy Seasoning for those who like a little bit of kick with their food.  The possiblilities are just endless.

I bet you won't even miss the salt!  My family doesn't.

Visit the Mrs. Dash site for recipes to help you reduce your family's sodium intake.  Be sure to check out http://www.mrsdash.com/ .  I have been a Mrs. Dash email subscriber for several yrs now and love the monthly newsletter which is full of tips and recipes.  For those followers who love contests like I do, Mrs Dash also holds great online contest from time to time so stay in the know by signing up for their newsletter.

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the Mrs. Dash and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here (make sure to link to: http://mrsdash.twittermoms.com/about)"

No comments:

Post a Comment