- Make sure your child has had their needed physicals including eye exam.
- Make sure that your child has stayed active during the summer so they will be ready for gym, sports etc.
- Keep your child reading and involved in learning activities over the summer.
- I like to send healthy lunches so I am always looking for new ideas via the internet and my fellow bloggers to keep lunch fun.
- Use reuseable lunch containers that are safety approved for your child's health and to be environmentally responsible.
- Send a bottle of hand sanitizer with your child in their backpack and or lunch box.
- Encourage hand washing to avoid the viruses that run wild in schools.
- Make sure your child has the materials needed for school. We try to restock paper, check pencils etc. weekly.
- Maintain active communication with your child's teacher. This benefits everyone.
- My favorite tip is: Always prepare the night before by making sure backpacks are ready, clothes (incl. shoes) are laid out, all forms are signed etc. It makes the mornings run much smoother.
Be sure to participate in Airwear’s essay contest at http://www.lightersafergreener.com/. One grand prize winner will be awarded $1,000, while 10 first prize winners will receive vouchers for Airwear lenses valued up to $400.
*“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Airwear blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, visit http://airwear.twittermoms.com/about."