I have always been a frugal shopper so I was interested in participating to share my tips as well as see what other Twittermoms had to say as well.
- Purchase classic pieces. Stay away from the super trendy one season only styles.
- Collect you wardrobe and consider pieces that you have at home when purchases new items: for example did you find a nice colorful blouse to dressup your classic black suit, skirt or pants.
- Add accessories. As a busy mom it isn't always easy but grabbing a colorful necklace. bracelet or set of earrings can change up and outfit without spending money.
- Do you have a scarf that you can add to your outfit? I always received scarves as gifts but didn't wear them. Now that I have learned some tricks to using scarves I've found they can change the look of an outfit.
- Shoes. Changing up you shoes can make a huge difference in the luck of some dresses and pants. Especially in the summer. Cute dressy flip flops can really make that Sunday dress ok for everday wear.
- A trend that I've been hearing about but haven't been able to participate in yet is fashion parties where you get together and take items from your wardrobe that you are tired of. Each participant can try on and mix and match outfits to come home with a new to them outfit for free!
- Don't be afraid to register clothing before your birthday or holidays. Many stores now allow gift registries for Christmas, Birthdays and other special events. This is a great way to make sure that you get a gift that you want and to save your budget.
- Layering- Layering existing pieces can also change up your wardrobe for no $ at all.
- Handbag- Yes,a change in your handbag can help change up the look of an outfit as well. To help your budget stick again with classic styles and colors. Purses are another item you might want to consider swapping with friends .
- Last but not least- Shop sales! Try to put away a clothing budget and save for seasonal sales. A lot of States offer Tax Free wkends around the time school starts and the stores will also run sales to draw you in. Combining both can make for significant savings. Holiday shopping can be helpful too. Don't be afraid to shop the clearance racks or buy at the end of a season for next yr. If you are buying classic pieces you will look fashionable and put together.
Disclaimer: "I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-10-tips-for-being