- Staycations are so popular due to the economy. If you can't afford to travel consider purchasing a yearly zoo membership. We have done this in the past and it has been a wonderful investment. Keep in mind that your zoo usually brings in seasonal exhibits so make sure to hit them all!
- Disney~ Ok not the most economical choice but the smile on your child's face will be worth it. You can do a lot of research online ahead of time to find tips to cut your costs.
- Utilize State and Local Parks. We are fortunate enough to live close to The Great Smoke Mountains. Kids love being outdoors. Make it an extra fun adventure by hiking and taking along things like magnifying glasses and bug catchers.
- The Beach. The beach can be a great place to vacation for children. Give them sand toys and they can play all day. Remember the simplest activities can spark imagination and fun.
- Historical Sites~ For older children you may want to visit historical locations like Williamsburg, Washington, D.C., Montecello. Check with your child's teacher and see what they will be studying next yr and visit a related vacation and your child will be ahead! Even if you can't afford to make it to one of these locations, check out their websites and you can find all kinds of fun information to create your own virtual vacation at home. Be Creative and Have Fun!
About Williamsburg Tourism
The Williamsburg area – Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown, VA – is one of America’s favorite family destinations, with adventure around every corner. Experience more than 400 years of American history and culture brought vividly to life at hands-on historical sites and world-class museums; share thrills and entertainment at exhilarating theme parks; discover unique finds and bargains, and enjoy outdoor activities in scenic parks, byways, nature trails and waterways. Whether it’s traveling backing to the 17th and 18th centuries, or forward into the 21st, the Williamsburg area offers vacation fun for all ages. http://www.visitwilliamsburg.com/
Disclaimer: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”